Equilibrium Products Massage Pad
Equilibrium Products Massage Pad
The Equilibrium Horse Massage Pad was developed through clinical trials at Myerscough College, UK. The innovative design provides effective, affordable equine massage for horses and ponies sized 14.1hh – 16.1hh or in 5ft9 – 6ft3 sized rugs.
- Battery operated 30-minute sessions – give your horse or pony a massage while you complete other yard tasks.
- Choose the intensity of the massage from 3 different programs.
- Lightweight and portable – take it with you wherever you go.
- Massage more and charge less with our high-performance battery & universal charger.
- No hassle returns or replacement if anything goes wrong in the first 2 years with our guarantee.
Includes 1 x Equilibrium Standard Massage Pad, 1 x Equilibrium Bag, 1 x Equilibrium Battery and 1 x International Charger.
What are the benefits of massage for horses?
Massage is well known for its ‘feel good’ factor and has been shown to aid relaxation, and assist with the maintenance of healthy muscle and muscle function. Tension is often one of the most common reasons for poor performance. By increasing relaxation and improving back flexibility, the negative effects of tension can be reduced. A relaxed horse, with relaxed muscles, will move with fluidity and suppleness which is particularly important for competition horses performing dressage movements, and those jumping technical fences.
What is it made of?
The Massage Pad is made up of polyurethane, or PU, with foam padding. The PU outer makes the product extremely hardwearing, but also hygienic – which is ideal if it is shared between many horses and ponies. It is resistant to water and grease, but also to fungus. This material paired with the padding also makes it comfortable for the horse.
Four massage motors are positioned in the target areas for horses and ponies. There are two either side of the wither and another two just behind the saddle area. The careful design of the massage pad then facilitates the spread of the massage along the back muscle.
Who is this Horse Massage Pad for?
While this Massage Pad is suitable for multiple sizes of horses, the size who most benefit from the standard size are those 14.1hh – 16.1hh, or in 5ft9 to 6ft3 rugs. Pony and XL sizes are available for horses and ponies either side of that range.
You can use the horse Massage Pad before riding, after riding or on a day off! Here's a few scenarios:
- Horses on box rest to maintain good circulation.
- After exercise to help support recovery.
- Before exercise as part of warm up.
- At a show after travelling to relax.
- On your horse or pony’s day off as general maintenance.
- Anytime as a reward.
How does the Equilibrium Massage Pad work?
The control panel allows you to select low, medium or high settings and as a result, you can choose the intensity of the program to suit your pony. Each program runs through a cycle of three different types of massage – pulsing, vibration and stroking –to ensure all muscles are worked in different ways.
Choosing your setting:
- LOW for cool down after exercise, for a sensitive horse or to introduce the pad to your horse for the first time.
- MEDIUM to warm up the muscles prior to exercise or for general maintenance.
- HIGH if your horse prefers a more intense massage.
The massage pad will run for 30 minutes before turning itself off automatically however, you can manually turn it off sooner if needed.
Provide details like specifications, materials, or measurements.
Add an image in your Collapsible content settings for more visual interest.
Share expert tips on how to use this product or pair it with other items.
List the details of your shipping policy.